- 02-Dec-2016 to 31-Jan-2017 (MST)
- Falls Branch
- Twin Falls, ID, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits Package Available
The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for the overall operations functions of the branch to include deposit growth, maximizing income and controlling expenses. Lead, motivate and mentor staff to be highly efficient and effective. Train and develop staff in all aspects of retail branch operations and to provide exceptional customer service. Coach and mentor staff in all areas of performance, with an emphasis on building relationships and to provide banking products and services to our customers. Develop a strong relationship with the lending staff within the branch for product training and referral opportunities. Develop and maintain relationships with customers to provide high quality service. Maintain compliance with all banking policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall branch profitability to include continued deposit growth, maximizing income and controlling expenses.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of all staff to include relationship building with our customers.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the branches customer base.
- Responsible for management and oversight of all areas of the operations of the branch.
- Responsible for developing and adhering to the budget for the branch.
- Responsible for coordinating any facilities needs with Branch Administration.
- Responsible for maintaining effective and efficient staffing levels.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a professional environment within the branch.
- Responsible for branch cash control to include vault and teller limits.
- Responsible to provide oversight and monitor all cash outages.
- Responsible for the completion of the branch Non-sufficient Funds report.
- Supervise and coordinate work flow of the operations staff.
- Provide training to all operations staff to ensure they are able to perform their duties according to the banks policies and procedures.
- Build a cohesive working relationship with lending staff within the branch and provide product training to the lending side to enhance referrals of deposit products.
- Responsible for being a leader in creating a positive work environment.
- Mentor and coach staff on a regular basis in all areas of performance.
- Responsible for building a cohesive and effective team and encourage open communication and continuous feedback.
- Be knowledgeable of all bank products and services and train staff accordingly.
- Utilize the Connections software for recommendations and referrals and train staff.
- Conduct regular branch staff meetings.
- Responsible for conducting performance evaluations for operations staff and provide ongoing coaching and feedback on performance.
- Responsible for all aspects of monitoring and compliance – Certification Binder.
- Comply with bank audit requirements and compliance standards.
- Comply with all employment laws and regulations as they pertain to staff.
- Attend required training, meetings and conference calls and provide information to branch staff as appropriate.
- Perform all job duties to ensure compliance with all applicable acts, laws, and regulations, and to ensure staff has the training and resources to perform duties to maintain compliance with such acts, laws, and regulations.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist on the teller line during vacation and/or sick leave.
- Assist in opening new accounts during vacation and/or sick leave.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Bank policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selection of staff and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
(Required education may be satisfied by experience and/or working knowledge)
Five years of banking experience to include cash handling and new accounts. Three years of experience supervising staff. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Standing for extended periods of time, requires close visual acuity and the ability to work and operate computer applications and equipment including copy machine, telephone, scanner or other basic business equipment. Ability to lift heavy items that may weigh up to 55lbs (e.g. boxes of copy paper/files, currency counters, coin bags etc.). Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand and arm movements. The job is within the normal office environment range.
An Associates or Bachelor's degree. Seven years of banking experience to include cash handling and new accounts. Five years of experience supervising staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Requirements stated here are minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, the employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. "Ability" means to "possess and apply" both knowledge and skill.
- Knowledge of all bank products and services to effectively refer customers through Connections.
- Knowledge of banking transactions.
- Knowledge of arithmetic to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service to include customer needs and meeting quality standards for customer service.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as work flow, managing files and records and other office procedures.
- Answering emails and phone calls (internally and externally) in a professional manner.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers and customers to convey information effectively.
- Organization, prioritizing work and managing time effectively.
- Teaching others how to complete job duties.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem resolutions.
- Motivating, developing and directing others as required by the job.
- Considering all potential actions and consequences in making a good decision relative to the situation at hand.
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation in teaching staff.
- Bringing others together to reconcile differences.
- Compiling, auditing or verifying information relative to the task.
- Ability to be exact or highly accurate to include balancing cash.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be careful, detailed and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationship with others.
- Ability to being open to change and variety in the workplace.
- Ability to read and understand information presented in writing.
- Ability to use mathematics to process transactions and resolve problems.
- Ability to effectively handle potentially stressful or confrontational situations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to be honest and ethical.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and managing staffing to best serve the needs of the customer.
- Ability to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction.
- Ability to be reliable, responsible and dependable with the ability to fulfill obligations.